Social Adult Daycare Center
At Lovejoy Social Adult Daycare Center, we provide a variety of programs to help seniors and individuals eligible or enrolled in the Managed Long-Term Care program to build a healthy spirit, mind and body.
- Complimentary Breakfast and Lunch
- Variety of drinks, snacks and fruits
- Door to Door Transportation
- Mental Stimulation Games, Daily Bingo, Card Games, Domino
- Local Field Trips & Tours
- Live Entertainment, Music & Dancing
- English, Spanish and Chinese classes
- Fitness Sessions (Yoga, Stretching, Tai Chi, Table Tennis, & more)
- Health Seminars, Nutrition Workshops and Classes
- Beauty Sessions (Manicures, Hair Cuts, Facials)
Social Service Benefits
- Senior Housing Application
- Public Housing Application
- Senior Metrocards Application
Fully Disability Accessible
All services are free for the members.
Please contact us for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC)?
Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) is a program designed to help people with chronic illnesses who need help to stay in the home and community as long as possible.
Do I have to enroll in a Managed Long-Term Care plan?
No, you are not required to join an MLTC plan unless you have recieved a letter from Medicaid stating that you must join a plan.
Who is eligible for MLTC services?
People with Medicaid who:
- Have chronic conditions or serious disabilities that make you eligible for nursing home level care
- Are able to stay at home at the time you join the plan
- Are expected to need long-term care services for more than 120 days
- Are at least 18 years or older
- Live in the service area (the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island)
How does your plan help me?
Each member has his or her own care manager who will contact him or her periodically to see how he or she is doing. That means you have one person you work with who will help you. The care manager is either a Registered Nurse (RN) or a social worker who is trained in managing chronic conditions.
Do you need Medicare to be eligible for MLTC?
No, you do not have to have Medicare to be eligible. The MLTC program is for nodual eligibles (Medical only) and dual eligibles (Medicaid and Medicare).
What is included in MLTC?
MLTC offers health and long-term care services (as long as they are medically necessary).
Some of these services include:
- Physical and Speech Therapies
- Nonemergency Transportation
Do you lose your Medicaid benefits when I join your plan?
No. As an MLTC member, you are eligible for Medicaid and keep all the benefits you may currently enjoy.
Can I keep my doctor?
Because it is not a covered benefit, you access the same doctor or specialist the way you do now. If you also qualify for Medicare you usually can keep the same primary care physician and specialists for your acute care.
Do I have to change my current insurance?
No, you do not need to change your current insurance.
Are there copays?
No. When you join the MLTC program, you never have any copays for the covered services.
© 2016 by Lovejoy Senior Social Adult Daycare Center.